Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1 still trying to get this right

Quatermass

Great night tonight lovely and clear going out again in a moment and have ago at scraping the ice of my telescope.

Had another try at the Crab its not brilliant by any means but I am happy with it for now I can see myself looking back at these attempts in a year or two and having a giggle about them.:):)

M1%252520second%252520batch%252520master.jpg

Hey Quatermass, I think your M1 has got the edge over mine, I can definately see the beginnings of some structure in there:) mine looks like a bit of fuzzy cotton wool lol. I'm out having a go at M109 but not a good start as my power supply has stopped working so I'm on the pack of 4 D-cells which as you know does not bode well :) Still it wont but me off giving M51 a quick go later once its risen a bit higher weather and batteries permitting :D

Well I'm cold and tired and the clouds have moved in so guys I'm calling it a night, the M1 needs a longer exposure and guiding to get it right but it was fun having a go at it, Yep spikey think your right there the de-noising is tricky on this one. Got very frustrated this evening clear then clouds clear then clouds moved around to much and stood in the dog mess,cheers mans best friend. Im sure were all mad but I love it.

Total on M1 was 60 subs darks flats and bias at 1.25 and 2.25 mins wanted to have another go at M101 but could I find it no I could not sigh.. ah well tomorrow night is another adventure in astrophotography land. Good luck Chris Jesper Spiky hope you get some good ones.

I've got 155 x 20 seconds on M109 to stack, I dont know much about Darks, flats and bias but I think I've taken darks correctly by taking repeated 20 second exposures with the lens cap on with the camera cooled, could someone kindly quickly expain what the flats and bias frames are? and if I took darks correctly :)

darks are just putting the cap on and taking about 30-40 shots more. I do my lights by removing the cap stretching a white cloth over the end and positioning an led torch just in front. The bias offset shots cap back on and reel off 30-40 shots with shutter speed set to fastest speed. Thats the basics you can take it further but it works for me. :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Archived