Saturdays Misty Morning Sun - 14th January

markt

High pressure has finally settled over the UK resulting in clear blue skies and cold temperatures. I was up (unusually) before dawn this morning to photograph the gibbous moon as it set in the west, then after some breakfast my solar 'viewing window' arrived and I turned my attentions to the sun. By this time though the heavy frost from overnight was melting rapidly as the sun got higher in the sky resulting in a mist rising off many surfaces - fences, cars, sheds, rubbish bins etc; I was not going let this put me off getting some imaging in.

Despite todays proms being fanstastic through the eyepeice, this mist meant it eluded the DMK capturing them in my usual 'one shot'; Not to worry though' im happy with what I got!

6695274817_0753892ff4_b.jpg

Ha full disk final by Mark Townley, on Flickr

Taken with the DS40 @ f21, DMK31 cam...

Hope you like!

Mark :)

I've never really taken an interest in The Sun, rather taking it for granted that this star of ours is always going to be there, but looking at your image really brings it home that this is probably the only chance, certainly in our lifetime that we will get to study a star at such close quarters.

Great image

• 2 weeks later...

Archived