Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

gdheib0430

Xbox Livecam Mod (Cliff)

plug in the usb and you will see them lit up when you fire up your camera

can you not use webcam ]you may need to use sharpcap for the camera as windows sometime's doesn't recognise the xbox cam

when you get it going you should see the 4 lights like in cliff's first post at begining of thread

Nothing atall lights up on sharpcam

I can't even see the lights in the picture that is posted /:

5 mins will take a photo but it sounds like cam aint working gig it instal ok on windows?/

Mine doesn't do that atall ... It gets hot though

Edited by Charlie_132

seem's like it's gubbed :icon_salut: try a diffrent usb port [or go into devices and see if it is showing there .] mine's get's hot when i use it

Edited by dtr42

Great ... £8 worth of webcams broken in the space of 3 days

Suppose I ll just have to wait for my logitech cam to arrive which has already been modified

Just found it in devices and it has a hazard sign next to it a yelllow triangle symbol

Edited by Charlie_132

Great ... £8 worth of webcams broken in the space of 3 days

Suppose I ll just have to wait for my logitech cam to arrive which has already been modified

Just found it in devices and it has a hazard sign next to it a yelllow triangle symbol

did it work before you tried to mod it?/ the yellow triangle is usually software [not properly installed

Yellow triangle is gone now

But still doesn't work. It worked before I took it apart

Oh okay no worries

I ll just wait for my logitech cam to arrive.

The seller didn't post it until 5:30pm though .. Even though I won the auction sunday ... 2nd class royal mail .. Probably won't get it until tuesday now because of bank holiday! So annoying

good luck when it comes [ive still to mod mine [have had it stripped 3 times but just never got round to removing the ir filter etc ]

Oh right, what telescope are you using ?

I'd like to see a big collection of images taken through a skywatcher 130p but seems no one on here has taken any

200p dob took this one with the camera unmodded

post-33329-133877758317_thumb.jpg

Are 200p photos the same as 130p ?

When I look through my scope with the 10mm I see it in a lot more detail then that picture.

Should the logitech quickcam 4000 modified with telescope adaptor be able to pick up a lot of detail ?

that was just through the 25mm lense on the focuser [didn't try to focus just wanted to see if the unmodded camera would work ] the 200p has an 8" mirror yours is a 5"

Edited by dtr42

Ohh okay then

I'm not getting clear skys where I live until thurs night so hopefully my logitech cam comes thurs, not getting my hopes up though ...

Just modded me xbox cam i use as skycam not attached to telescope nothing i have today just modded xbox cam with ps3 lens (6 or 75 degrees field or view zoom lens) and it's actually working pretty awesome put lens on widest view of skies will test when see some stars at moment cloud predicted snow :icon_salut:

ps3 lens apparently is giving better wider view than orginal xbox lens.

took some doing like to fit ps3 lens had to like cut down the lens holder i scraped it agaist brick couple times then tested on cam got it working pretty ok focus.

Below is image taken from cam outside at moment whilst it's raining.

I rekon it's gunna pick up some stars soon as skies become clear sometime will keep ya updated when take any star pics.

skycam-4-3-2012_22-04-21.jpg

Just ordered a live cam from fleebay. Along with a 150p from FLO. Anyone tried using the web cam with a 6x30 finderscope?

Soon as i get me spotter scope from old prinz astra 500 60mm telescope :icon_salut: some

dude's gunna send me which has no eye pieces i will try mod cam on end of scope.

Edited by Stargazing_Cliff

Modded xbox cam i added a ps3 lens is creating some awesome images

shame skies where cloudy so havent tested on stars.

daylight image here

stargazing_cliff-albums-cam-modifications-picture16738-skycam-using-modded-xbox-cam-ps3-lens-creating-very-wide-view-skies.jpg

Wide view with ps3 lens seems pretty awesome it's doing what wanted it to do.

scanning skies in wide view.