SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Xbox Livecam Mod (Cliff)

gdheib0430

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can you not use webcam ]you may need to use sharpcap for the camera as windows sometime's doesn't recognise the xbox cam

when you get it going you should see the 4 lights like in cliff's first post at begining of thread

Great ... £8 worth of webcams broken in the space of 3 days

Suppose I ll just have to wait for my logitech cam to arrive which has already been modified

Just found it in devices and it has a hazard sign next to it a yelllow triangle symbol

Great ... £8 worth of webcams broken in the space of 3 days

Suppose I ll just have to wait for my logitech cam to arrive which has already been modified

Just found it in devices and it has a hazard sign next to it a yelllow triangle symbol

did it work before you tried to mod it?/ the yellow triangle is usually software [not properly installed

Oh okay no worries

I ll just wait for my logitech cam to arrive.

The seller didn't post it until 5:30pm though .. Even though I won the auction sunday ... 2nd class royal mail .. Probably won't get it until tuesday now because of bank holiday! So annoying

Are 200p photos the same as 130p ?

When I look through my scope with the 10mm I see it in a lot more detail then that picture.

Should the logitech quickcam 4000 modified with telescope adaptor be able to pick up a lot of detail ?

Just modded me xbox cam i use as skycam not attached to telescope nothing i have today just modded xbox cam with ps3 lens (6 or 75 degrees field or view zoom lens) and it's actually working pretty awesome put lens on widest view of skies will test when see some stars at moment cloud predicted snow :icon_salut:

ps3 lens apparently is giving better wider view than orginal xbox lens.

took some doing like to fit ps3 lens had to like cut down the lens holder i scraped it agaist brick couple times then tested on cam got it working pretty ok focus.

Below is image taken from cam outside at moment whilst it's raining.

I rekon it's gunna pick up some stars soon as skies become clear sometime will keep ya updated when take any star pics.

skycam-4-3-2012_22-04-21.jpg

Archived