NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" DSLR adapter

eid

Yes, I do need to experiment more with ISO and exposure combinations. I've stuck on 800 mostly so far and adjusted the exposure to suit that.

Can't say I've made anything I'd pay for yet, but I see improvements each time, so I'm happy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On anything above a kodak 4022 chip in size (15mm x 15mm) you will get vignetting when using a 1 1/4 inch adapter....doesn't matter if it's a CCD or DSLR. This is especially true with focal ratios of F8 and lower, as the lower the F ratio, the steeper the light cone.

With the above chip, and with the slightly larger 8200 chip, you can get away with 1 1/4 inch hardware with only minor vignetting which can be removed using flats.

With a larger chip than these, if you're doing planetary imaging, or have a small target central to the FOV the vignetting won't bother you, but on extended objects such as nebulae, then it will be an issue.

Also, as has been mentioned, 2 inch hardware tends to be a lot beefier, and also less prone to flex.

Rob.

Thanks for the info guys.

I can use my Baader zoom in 2" so I guess that can replace the barlow somewhat, as I can attach my dslr to it. It certainly does feel more solid like this, if a bit heavy.

I bought a 2" MAX DSLR Adaptor because the 1.25" reduced meant that I did not have sufficient in-ward focus.

Quote"What happened to the other half of this conversation? Thankfully I quoted SaraG in one post; I was starting to fear for my sanity (what's left of it). "

Yes I thought that eid was having a converstaion with him / herself

Ian

Archived