Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Colour in DSLR pics

Silly question by my images don't appear to have any colour in them after stacking in DSS and using PS to process. I have a canon 1100d umodded and Skywatcher 200pds and recently took 20 x 1 min of M42. The raw pics seemed to have a small amount of colour but after processing nothing!

Is this normal, what should I expect after stacking and stretching in terms of colour on this object with my setup?

To be honest, I don't know as once set it will stay on that setting. If you load some images into DSS, you can then check the settings. I have seen on another forum this being a reason for losing colour. I've never actually had it happen.

Dave

I generally save the TIFF with attached but not applied, then increase the saturation in Photoshop. For a quick look to see what I have, I tweak the saturation slider in DSS as Peter says above but I don't normally save it applied.

Archived