NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Laser Collimator

A number of you have Baader Laser Collimators on back-order.

Unfortunately, Baader are still unable to give a clear indication of when the next delivery is due! They have however revealed that the delay is due to them making improvements to the design. So, when it does arrive, it will be the new Mk3 version.

Thank you for your patience.

Oh no! Not a Mk2 :D

I confess I haven't the foggiest what it is that they are changing. When they went to Mk2 they improved the viewing window and upgraded the laser to one with a narrower, better defined beam (cheaper lasers often have a 'spot' that resembles a grain of rice!).

I can't think of anything that needs improving, other than to remove that ridiculous key-chain :police:

• 2 weeks later...

A customer has forwarded this response received from Baader (5th June) when asked about the lack of Collimates:

We are preparing the new production run of the Laser Colli.

It should become available within the next two to three weeks and then go out to all the dealers and distributors who are waiting since long.

We are very sorry for the delay.

Best regards,

Angelika Hauser

BAADER PLANETARIUM GMBH * Zur Sternwarte * 82291 Mammendorf

Thank you for your patience :toothy9:

I can't think of anything that needs improving...

Have just received news that there will be no change to design or price, which contradicts what I was first told :roll:

We should know for sure when they arrive in 1-2 weeks.

To be honest I cannot see how baader could make better the design they have, but!!!! saying that, the one thing that could benefit would be the ability to see the viewing pane at 360 degrees taking out the issue of the alignment with the eye piece screw. But its a small want.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is getting silly :|

I am still receiving mixed messages about when these are due to arrive and whether there will be a change to its spec. Those of you who have placed orders are being very patient, for which I am grateful, but it doesn't feel right that your money is sat in our account with no sign of a delivery!

Also, a new Skywatcher laser collimator is in the pipeline that looks promising and should sell at a similar price:

skywatcher laser colli.jpg

Here's the spiel:

'This 1mW red laser collimating device boasts some of the best and most practical functions collimators can offer. A large display window allows the user to clearly see the face of the device. Whilst most other brand name collimators only have one setting, this has seven adjustable brightness levels. The 1.25” laser collimator comes complete with a removable 2” adaptor, for use in all sizes of focuser. Designed for the accurate collimation of Newtonian Reflectors, Dobsonians and Refractors.'

However, it isn't clear when this will arrive either :toothy9:

When they do arrive, I shall send one of each to Daz who has kindly offered to write an SGL comparison review.

Meanwhile, I suggest those who have orders outstanding contact me for a refund.

Thanks again for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived