First night tonight.

Well got to try out my new scope tonight (sky watcher explorer 200pds). Think I did ok but didn't get to see much else other than the moon lol. Found Jupiter but was quite low down and was struggling to get my mount in the correct position to view it (eq5). Spose I will get used to it but quite hard at first. Got some good views of the moon though using the supplied 28mm ep and the 6mm.

Which eye pieces would be good to start off with? At the moment I've just got the 28mm and the 6mm. Also which filters do you guys recommend? I've got a moon filter which I haven't used yet.

Hi Lee... I know what ya mean about the EQ mount

your 28mm is a handy one to have...to find things, as for plugging the gap between 28 & 6... stick a question in the 'eyepiece' section along with budget & targets you want to view

Hello LeeG, did you get a barlow with the telescope. If you did then you have now effectively 4 eyepieces. A barlow multiplies the magnification of any single eyepiece. If you were not supplied with one, then you could get one.

Other than that, perhaps an eyepiece mid-way between your supplied two, eg a 15mm or a 20mm. Hope this helps.

PS a light pollution filter is a good idea too as you live in Manchester.

Hi thanks guys. No I have not got a Barlow yet but ths next on the list. From the research Ive done the 'tal' barlows seem best bang for buck. So will be getting one of them this week and either a televue plossl or a celestron ultima lx around the 12-15mm mark and yes I think I will also invest in a light pollution filter. The scope didn't come with anything except the 28mm eye piece. Hopefully clear sky's tonight so I can get some practice in! :-)

Archived