NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good Present?

Hey,

It's my little brothers birthday soon and he's been kicking and screaming to my mum that he wants a telescope. So I being the awesome brother bought him one (with my mum and dads money as well as a bit of mine) I bought him the celestron travel scope 70mm. He is 7 so does not use tripods well, and cannot reach my scope as he is small and he likes to go to my nan and grandads alot who live on a secluded farm (good dark skies) so I thought the rucksack would be handy and it would have enough aperture for him to see what he wanted (moon Planets). Do you think he will like it, Is it an any good telescope? Got it from currys £53.99.

Midge

I think it'll make a great present.

It's better than the first scope I used (50mm frac) that my parents bought for me as a 12 year old.

It's an Achromat so that's a good start. You can always swap and change eyepieces if the supplied ones are guff.

With a big brother to guide him, he's got it made.:(

Regards Steve

Archived