NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharp Cap Issues

Hi Guys

Has anyone used a QHY5v with Sharp Cap? I had planned to plug the camera into my OTA and use it in conjuction with Alignmaster to precise align my scope.

i plugged into to my OTA tonight and fired up sharp cap but i get what looks like a distorted negative image which is repeated in five columns (i'll grab a screen capture tomorrow)

QGVideo & PHD both work fine so i know the camera is OK and that the drivers are working so the issue must be with sharp cap. I tried this on both my laptop and the PC in my obs and both show the same effect,

Anyone have similar issues?

The QHY cameras are a bit notorious, software wise. I hear that support for software developers from QHY is very poor in comparison with other camera manufacturers and with people spending many, many hours of their free time developing software that is made available for the benefit of the astro community you can't really blame them for not helping commercial companies that don't seem able to help themselves.

You may be able to use your camera with SharpCap if you download and install the ASCOM drivers for it, but even with this some features will not be available.

HTH

Archived