NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nice EP for the kids' scope: 20mm Celestron Silvertop Plossl

I am building a 4.5" F/4.4 mini dob for the kids, and do not want their grubby little hands on my TV, Meade and TMB EPs. Looking around in the TS web store under bargains got me a new 20mm Celestron Silvertop Plossl for just EUR 14.90. A 2x achromatic barlow especially for fast Newtonians for EUR 15.00 was available as well. Now that is a great deal. Put in an order for some ebony star and teflon as well.

I already have a very decent Kelner 28 "rescued" from a faulty pair of Russian 7x50 bins, so they will have 28mm, 20mm, 14mm and 10mm for starters. They only lack very high powers.

I am building a 4.5" F/4.4 mini dob for the kids, and do not want their grubby little hands on my TV, Meade and TMB EPs. Looking around in the TS web store under bargains got me a new 20mm Celestron Silvertop Plossl for just EUR 14.90. A 2x achromatic barlow especially for fast Newtonians for EUR 15.00 was available as well. Now that is a great deal. Put in an order for some ebony star and teflon as well.

I already have a very decent Kelner 28 "rescued" from a faulty pair of Russian 7x50 bins, so they will have 28mm, 20mm, 14mm and 10mm for starters. They only lack very high powers.

They are nice eyepieces. I have the 50mm 2 inch silvertop and even in the c11 it gives great views

I used to have the 26mm (came with the C8) the 10mm and the 36mm in Vixen branding. All good EPs (not in the league of my current set but very good value for money), but they cost a lot more than EUR 14.90. I think this 20mm is not from the exact same series (which I think listed a 22mm rather than a 20mm), but for this kind of money it is going to be great value for money, even if it does not quite match the standard of the old series.

Archived