Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Image Orientation

Why aren't newtonian scopes mounted with the focuser on the right side of the tube (looking from behind). This would only make the image back to front, like a refractor.

Surely this would be easier, as people with refractors dont seem to complain that they are missing out on the upside down view some of us get.

Another idea would be to use an Erect Image Prism diagonal to give a right side up right way around image.

And maybe Another idea would be to put a diagonal onto the focuser and instead of looking into the tube, you would be looking the same way the tube is pointing.

Why aren't newtonian scopes mounted with the focuser on the right side of the tube (looking from behind). This would only make the image back to front, like a refractor.

Think about it....or are you taking the mickey? :police:

I feel a little bit silly now for posting this. If any of you mods/admins have any pity for me, please delete this thread. :police:

Don't feel silly Akyra. You only feel silly because you did not know why. Now you do. You have added another bit of knowledge to your memory banks, which, if you keep asking questions, will grow. And, unlike a computer, you will never need to add more gigabytes of ram.

Ron. :D

As Chris Tarrant says on 'who wants to be a millionaire', "the question is only easy if you know the answer".

If I'd been given a £ for every silly question I've ever asked, I'd be able to buy a Paramount ME :police:

As Phil said, there's probably a lot of people that didn't know the answer to that question.

To me, that's what forums like this one are for, no question like yours is silly, so keep them coming folks, people here will try and help, and certainly not 'mock'.

Dave

As Chris Tarrant says on 'who wants to be a millionaire', "the question is only easy if you know the answer".

If I'd been given a £ for every silly question I've ever asked, I'd be able to buy a Paramount ME :D

As Phil said, there's probably a lot of people that didn't know the answer to that question.

To me, that's what forums like this one are for, no question like yours is silly, so keep them coming folks, people here will try and help, and certainly try not to 'mock'.

Dave

Fixed :police:.

Archived