Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Antares Cross Hair for star alignments

oly2b

As anybody any experience of using a Antares Cross Hair 27mm Kellner which RVO sell. This EP as a focusable X-Hair and is not illuminated.

I am looking for a EP for star alignments on a Goto mount.

Seems to be little information on the net about this EP.

the hyperion click-stop zoom is great when used to really centre the stars on allignment...used at 24mm wide view to pick up the star...then down to 8mm to centre it

great fun to use as well... never tried one in your 'scope tho...might be best to try before you buy...as they aint cheap

Antares do a illuminated Cross Hair 27mm Kellner and looking on the TS site it seems to be a double crosshair but then it gets a bit fuzzy while search UK sites for the same eyepiece, double/single? Looking to get one myself for the final drift alignment on my meade then for use on my apm so need to be wireless type...please drop me a line if you sort this one out

Mark

I have a brand new 27mm Kellner Antares cross-wire focusing eyepiece available.

This was replaced in one of my finders with the illuminated version.

Any questions let me know.

Ideal for checking finder alignment and drift polar alignment as well as measuring double star distances and planetary diameters etc etc.

Hi Merlin,

Can I ask were you purchased it from ? and any good ? I feel the smaller 12mm and 9mm Doublecrosshairs are too small were as the 27mm has better FOV and will get more use/ be easier to use while drift alignment

Archived