Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Nebula

Mr Astro

Hi there. This is my first forum post. This is the Orion Nebula, taken with my modded Canon 450d, through my Skywatcher ED80 refractor. It is a stack of 8 x 10-minute exposures, stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and processed in Adobe Photoshop CS5. Any comments would be welcome.

post-13147-133877711579_thumb.jpg

Really nice pic...

As Tom said... looks like there should be some more in there.

My recent and similar pic is over stretched but is mostly six min subs and barely over an hours worth and even the background dust started to show...

The core looks about perfect in this... might need a stretched and less clipped layer for the feinter stuff?

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum :p

You have captured loads of detail there, nicely framed and lots of potential.

As others have mentioned, the black end of the histogram is a little clipped, by that we mean that there is captured data that is cut off from the picture. Try lowering the black point a little. Remember that the sky is very very rarely black, and even when it is, it is because of space dust etc :icon_salut:

In all an excellent image, great introduction to the forum, and we hope the first of many pictures you will share with us.

Cheers

Tim

Archived