Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The differences between ..

a 250P and a 250 PDS newt is that the PDS has a 2 speed focuser but, is that all the difference or are there others?

I'm still toying with the idea of a refractor so its easier for the kids to use when I upgrade but I've seen a 250p quite a lot cheaper than a PDS.

I'll still be deciding this time next year :p

Thanks in advance

I've found a two speed Crayford a great asset. But I don't know how well SW motor focussing works when attached to the coarse focus drive shaft. (My home made unit works with the fine focus knob.)

As for tube length, I'm told you can't get a DSLR far enough in with the standard scope but only know I had that trouble with my smaller Celestron scope, I've no experience with the SW Newt.

thanks Gina,

Only thing I'm fixed on is an EQ6 for my mount as for the scope I've no fixed agenda for using the scope .... I like observing, like to do a bit of AP and then on top of that there's our kids who when its winter time and dark early like to come out and have a look and for that a refractor would be easier for then to see through.

at least if I go for a reflector rather than a refractor I have that down to the 250 PDS.

I've always been rubbish at making these kind of decisions :p

Archived