Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not sure

Charon

Hi,

I am dithering over buying a 8mm Radian @£180, my question is that though I already own a 10mm Hyperion and a 8-24mm Baader Zoom will the Radian be of benefit to me? Or should I go for a lower EP, I have until the 3rd to confirm my Radian order.

cheers,

Dexs.

I think the zoom delivers the same field of view as the Radian at the 8mm focal length doesn't it ?

Sounds like you will have a distinct overlap there, unless you prefer the views through the fixed focal length eyepieces.

I know it seems like torture and you have shipping "anomalies" - but I'd hang out for a second hand one and save around £80. Alternatively, you could go for a Powermate 2x magnifier that will turn your Naglers into 11mm and 8.5mm, and the plossl into 10mm. You'd have a not unreasonable high power range then. Flog the 1.6x to offset the cost :p

you could go for a Powermate 2x magnifier that will turn your Naglers into 11mm and 8.5mm, and the plossl into 10mm. You'd have a not unreasonable high power range then. Flog the 1.6x to offset the cost :p

That is what I would do. The 2" 2x Powermate is the best piece of kit in my eyepiece case.

Regards Steve

Okay thanks for that, more food for thought, I have just looked at the Televue 2" Powermate £244 mind, but like you say Brantuk sell my Antares 1.6 plus what I save in spending on the Radian will make sense.When I am over in the UK it is easier to order my kit, Steve, John and Brantuk thank you for your patience and advice.

Archived