NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

the moon to night 29-12-11

astropete

hi uplooker, thanks for your comments. the shoot started at around 1730, with jupiter to the left and venus to the right a very good sight to see, then my main front lens misted over, so after a quick clean i took the pic. some pics from the shoot were overexposed due to the lens misting, but the one posted was after editing the best on the night.

peter

Pete, that is a great image, i asumed it was taken with your dslr at first, then read capture details, very sharp image, i have a yet another new camera to try out, a Kodak M200 mini, it has all the features i need so it should be a good one for lunar

hi jules, thanks for your comments, and i look forward to seeing your pics. i have decided to keep the samsung camera for the 5" scope (for quick shots) and then use the canon 1000d for the 8", since with the 8" scope there should be more detail, well thats what i intend to do, but i do mess things around a bit.

Thanks Pete, that looks nice & compact. Looking at your results, think I will have to get one of those. I use a-focal to capture full disc solar, be more productive than trying to hold the camera at the EP.

Thanks again for the pic.. cheers Kev.

hi KevG, with the samsung camera, you dont have to change the eyepice, just use the cameras zoon, and you will get results. this kit will be u/s for deep sky objects as you cannot control the shutter, (you have a max of 10 seconds) then the shutter fires. make sure if you buy a compact digital that the main lens is not a pop out otherwise it will hit the e/p. by pop out i mean those lenses that actually move in and out (like a telephoto) when you press the shutter.

it takes practice to align the camera and e/p via the digi mount, but well worth it, another point is if you take a pictuire, you have the means to enlarge that picture after the camera is removed from the scope. thats why i chose the samsung nv4 8mp

Thanks again for the info Pete, much appreciated. Have an LX modded SPC, but really like the idea of a-focal for Lunar/Solar, intend investing some time perfecting the method in readiness for the Venus transit, going to throw everything I have got at that one!

Archived