Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A double...

perfrej

I have never imaged a cluster before and I did have strong winds with gusts up to 16 m/s. Anyway, in order to save time, I have just included all the subs even though some where a bit shaky. I think the rig took the beating fairly well all considered...

About 40 subs each of R, G and B with the FLT-98 on top an NEQ6, Orion guider, Flattener 4, SX wheel with Baader 2" filters, SBIG ST8300M unbinned, exposure time 3 minutes per sub. About a third were shot before a meridian flip, the rest after. Dark subtraction only, and my rig is bent somewhere, probably in the SX wheel lid. Flattener needs minor tweak, but that has to come after the tilt-fix.

Capture with Neb2, guiding with PHD, dithering turned on about a third into the series. Dark subtraction in Neb2, registration, integration and processing in PI. Spikes in Starspikes Pro 2. Stellarium, Stellarium Scope, EQMod. Works like a charm!

/per

double1.jpg

Archived