Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Isee Stars - Isee Dark Skies

Thats good to hear James! Glad you didn't lose anything...

I've completely reviewed all of my backup processes, I now have backups on different servers, local backups on different hard drives and I'm planning on buying one of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=28302356857&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=116143

Its amazing how cheap hard drives are these days!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats good to hear James! Glad you didn't lose anything...

I've completely reviewed all of my backup processes, I now have backups on different servers, local backups on different hard drives and I'm planning on buying one of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=28302356857&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=116143

Its amazing how cheap hard drives are these days!

Sounds like you're ready for anything!

£58 for 320Gb... amazing. Back in the late 90's I paid £120 for 50 megabytes extra storage.

Ouch!

I've had my eyes on these new 1tb drives from Hitachi! A couple of those mirrored with a fast 10k drive for the operating system would make a killer machine!

'Back in the day', when I was sequencing music with my old (t)rusty Atari ST, I obtained a Megafile 30 hard drive which had a whopping (wait for it..) 30 meg storage. I dug it up a while back and realised my graphics card has more memory than that... :shock:.

This thread must have passed me by, but Grant, 'ting 'appen as they say in Jamaica. Must have been stressful sifting through the wreckage but I'm sure everyone realises that you do a sterling job keeping SGL and all the other sites in order. Chin up old bean!

Archived