NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33

Atacamallama

Just thought I'd share my on going M33, up to about 5 and half hours of data.

Meade 5000 triplet 80mm

Canon 1000 d modded

Vixen sphinx mount

Guided, but my guiding skills are still in their infancy and can only manage 3 minute subs....:D

Stacked in DSS processed in PS.

FWIW the brighter patch in the top right corner is due to the prism on the OAG going in too far for one of the nights....

post-20370-133877709499_thumb.jpg

Lots of data. Nice! Gradient Xterminator or DBE in Pixinsight would kill the gradient.

Could I suggest that you drop the green channel a bit or have a play with Hasta La Vista Green which is free on Rogelio Bernal Andreo's Deep Sky Colors website? I think the green is too strong, personally.

Olly

Lots of data. Nice! Gradient Xterminator or DBE in Pixinsight would kill the gradient.

Could I suggest that you drop the green channel a bit or have a play with Hasta La Vista Green which is free on Rogelio Bernal Andreo's Deep Sky Colors website? I think the green is too strong, personally.

Olly

Thanks for that Olly. I have not had much luck with Gradient Xterminator, the trial version didn't work out, even though I tried downloading it to more than one machine. I don't have pixinsight either.

I'm fiddling with the Green now... got to do something on xmas morning when it's too cloudy to observe the sun, I guess.

Olly did the hasta la vista green thing, thanks very much....I am dithering about plunging on gradient exterminator because when I downloaded the trial period version it didn't work so I'm worried about slapping 50 bucks down without seeing it work. I've seen other free apps where you have to put sampling points all over the shop but have not been overly impressed with this. So, a nos moutons, is gradient exterminator worth the dosh?

post-20370-13387770965_thumb.jpg

Olly did the hasta la vista green thing, thanks very much....I am dithering about plunging on gradient xterminator because when I downloaded the trial period version it didn't work so I'm worried about slapping 50 bucks down without seeing it work. I've seen other free apps where you have to put sampling points all over the shop but have not been overly impressed with this. So, a nos moutons, is gradient exterminator worth the dosh?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived