NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First ever Telescope viewing.

cymag

So, I set up my new 190NM with NEQ6 PRO tonight after the clouds finally cleared. First target was Jupiter, great views, all the family enjoyed seeing the bands and moons, especially our little boy!

Second target was the M42, this was a nice view as well, better than i expected through a small scope!

Whilst watching jupiter I saw a asteroid (if that is the correct name) enter the earths atmosphere and a few moments later saw a 'satellite' following a straight line crossing jupiter. A great first nights viewing!

I did all this manually as I have not set up the goto yet and.....I seem to have trouble finding north :) even though I can find the constellations which I know, maybe it is hidden by the houses behind.......or just having a night off!!

Congrats on your first nights viewing Jupiter is a lovely site to see I remember my first night I got to see Saturn that's another wow factor its just coming round again just wait till you see that its a site you wont forget

The NEQ6 Pro is a very accurate mount. If you're observing only and can't see the pole star, just point the mount north using a compass and set your altitude scale to your lattitude on earth and you'll find the goto and tracking works really well.

Positional errors will only show as you get to use higher magnifications but centering objects in the finder and eyepiece with small handset adjustments will refine that for you :)

Archived