NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ultra-Wide Eyepiece

PreludeToADream

I do prefer my Televue's, but there's not a lot in it between them and the Nirvana's in my humble opinion, apart from the Ethos, which is just stupendously good after you recover from the cost!!:):evil6:

The Nirvana's are very nice to use and shouldn't disappoint in my humble opinion!

Doc

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the 4 and 7 mm Nirvana's and have used em down to F5. I would definitely recommend them, only problem I have is with reflections from the large eye lens because of my next door neighbour's security lights. Can usually be tweaked out with careful adjustment of the eyecup.

if your buying a new nivana then a 2nd hand nagler would be the same price, but if you dont like the nagler you can sell for the same price, the new eyepiece would lose 60-70% value straight away, obvioulsy be sure the tv is in good condition but i know which i would go for :) second hand uwan or nivana even better :(

Thanks for that - very useful review. I'm looking at the 16mm Skywatcher rather than the 28mm version. Is this eyepiece likely to be as good as the 28mm?

You will not be disappointed with the Nirvana, they are the next best thing to a Nagler. I have owned the 28mm UWAN and the 7mm Nirvana and they were both excellent performers, the 28mm in particular is an awesome eyepiece. I would think the 16mm would be just as good.

Archived