NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with IC Capture or is it

ok so this is the second time this has happened to me now, first time I thought I had screwed up the debayering but it was definately off and i caputuring and recording with Y800. The barlowed (x2.5)images are fine but the unbarlowed are like this.

post-24560-133877707016_thumb.jpg

I can only assume its IC Capture the trouble is the only setting change i made between these and the barlowed was the gain.

Have I wasted imaging time or can I recover these?

I don't have a colour Imaging Source camera, but I have used a colour SPC900 webcam for many years. If this was an SPC900, I would say this looks suspcisously like a a problem with automatic white balance. The problem is that the software has to have a minimum light level to correctly estimate the white balance.

The answer is simple.

1 - Raise the gain level to get the white values to 255 on the histogram.

2 - Set the white balance to automatic.

3 - Wait for the camera to automatically set an acceptable white balance.

4 - Reset the white balance to manual

5 - Lower the gain level back down to the normal levels for capture.

Bingo, you colour balance should now be fine.

Thanks for the info Michael, I'll give that a go.

So my next problem is that the barlowx2 version which show colour when debayered in RS6 show no colour once stacked I have seen this mentioned in RS before but also see there is a fix but I have the fix.

Could this be the same issue?

Thanks Ant. (excuse the ignorance) the resultant avi is mono but then I use prefilter debayer in RS6 and get colour it working on the x2.5 avis i took just not on the x2 and the non barlowed well looks like their for the recycle bin!!!

Gamma at 100, Gain at around 750, 1/61 and 60fps

Archived