Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First M42

The_PSY3NTIST

Thanks guys. Ben I used a 500D single shot ISO1600 15 second exposure. I tried using a Barlow but couldn't get focus. The Barlow never seems to give a good image even with ep's on my 200p. I really need to learn about using reduces and barlows to get the right FOV.. It's all foreign to me at the moment.

Id really like some filters in the not too distant future.. What are your thoughts on the eos clip filters?

Dave

What you need to do is grab some more subs with different (much longer) exposures. Some of 30s some 60s and up to as long as your mount will let you - perhaps 120s then use stacking software to combine them all and bring out the detail.

The field of view looks good, but you only really have the trapezium core showing here, this is the bit that's usually bright white on photos of the whole thing, so the rest of the nebula will fill out most of the image field of view you already have on show.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully we will have some good clear nights over the Christmas holidays. Over 15 seconds I suffer from Lp where I am.. Maybe using ISO800 would be better till I get a filter.

This was just a spur of the moment snap before I packed up for the night.. Only went out to test the slt mount.. What small refractor would you recommend to replace the 60mm celestron? The 60mm is going to be my guide scope for when I get the eq6 after Christmas but the slt is great for having a quick run out to the peaks so want to beef it up a bit more than the little 60mm than came on it

Archived