NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Buying from eBay feedback

dfronteras

I got a ETX 70 when I start a number year ago I win it from Ebay and pay £190 for it and it was in good nick but as I did not known how to use it as I was starting this subject. I taken out for first time it was outside for 30min I try it and did not see anything so next day I sale it for £160 to next door which move way I wish I next sale it now as I known how they work now. My girlfriend got my a Sky Watcher 150 for £900 at the time but I seen it for £675 on ebay so was it better buy from eBay or best from shop or private sale?

I thinking getting a other one seen some LX90 or LS 8" or LX200 on eBay for a lower price from shops

So all feedback good

be careful of what you buy from ebay unless its brand new and can be returned.

with private sale's see if you can view the scope before parting with your cash.

from a shop such as first light optics is the safe bet. they provide an excellent service and advice and are very well priced. should there be any problems with your scope the will assist you and allow you to return it.

Most ebay and private sale make it very hard to return/replace a faulty unit.

First light optics are highly recommended on here and from my personal experiences with them.

good luck with the purchase!

I agree with whooshbang on this. There are some good deals to be had on e.bay but you really need to know exactly what you are looking for. Buying from a reputable astro dealer is much safer.

Which Skywatcher 150 scope are we talking about ?. The dobsonian 150's can be bought new for less than £200 from a dealer like First Light Optics.

If a new scope is much lower priced on E.Bay than the normal price that the Astro dealers have them at there is usually a reason :icon_salut:

It's worth keeping an eye on the UK Astro BUY & Sell web site (assuming you are in the UK) as you get some good buys there and astronomers generally look after their equipment.

I would be very very careful about buying from ebay.

There is a lot of junk on there.

Whooshbang & John are giving good advice.

I recently saw a scope on ebay that looked like it had been left in a very dusty place for a few years.

When interested in another scope, I asked about the age and condition of the main mirror. The seller did not not reply.

Enough said?

I had a good experience with eBay just the other week. Got my mum to buy me a used standard EQ6 for christmas and the chap who we bought it off even delivered it to our house and gave some freebies also! He gave some good books including Turn Left at Orion and an outdoor power unit of which both were not even included in the description. However, not all sellers on eBay will be like that..Just be cautious on what you are buying, check the sellers feedback ratings and get in contact with them is all I can say.

Archived