NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New scope curse

david_simons40

Hi to all in the EM (just joined the SGL).:)

I got my scope almost 3 weeks ago and I'm suffering from new scope curse. :) Since I bought it I've had one night of reasonable seeing conditions and yet again tonight it's pouring down. But on the night when I did get it out the sights were incredible. The half moon last Saturday was textbook photograph clarity and the image filled the 23mm Axiom lens with craters, ridges and gorges. Jupiter was next, the bands were just starting to show a pink hue to the banding and the 4 moons were clearly visible. With the light pollution from the moon and thin high cloud, Andromeda and the Pin wheel galaxy appeared as faint smudges of light. So pleased with the Celestron Edge HD 1100, I can't wait to figure out how to use the QHY6 CCD camara and CCDCap software to take some photographs. It's a steep learning curve though as the documentation is almost non-existant.:)

It's a steep learning curve though as the documentation is almost non-existant.:)

But it's a lotta fun! :)

Like you I am just starting out. Grab all the advice you can, I asked loads of questions and have learned a lot already.

Are you more into the imaging than visual then or are you just exploring all avenues?

See you on SGL & EMS. :)

hi david, some serious equipment you have there, if your looking for some imaging help and advice we have some very good imagers in the local group who would be more than willing to help out, i`m learning the dark art of imaging myself, and i`m hopeless at reading books, i like to be hands on and people show me how they do things and the reason why they do them the way they do. makes alot more sense to me than reading from a book

Archived