Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Nexstar Mounts

Which one are you talking about.

If you are talking about durability, I have had my 6 SE for 2 years and it's still going like new. I've seen older 5i and 8i model functioning.

If you are talking about battery life, 8 fully charged AA batteries will last one observing session, but indefinitely if you uses a mains adapter.

Which one are you talking about.

If you are talking about durability, I have had my 6 SE for 2 years and it's still going like new. I've seen older 5i and 8i model functioning.

If you are talking about battery life, 8 fully charged AA batteries will last one observing session, but indefinitely if you uses a mains adapter.

Durability, sounds like you have answered my question. I have a Nexstar 102 stl and just wondered if they died young...

Cheers for that.

As a previous owner of the 6se for 18 months I would say many years. One thing on the clamps on the mount..don't tighten them too much, as it says in the manual, I did and loosened one, it had to go back for repair but as I had bought a spare mount for around £70.00 I only needed to swap one of the legs so didn't loose out on using the scope.

My 102 slt was one of the best scopes I ever used

It's optics were great, and rather than die, the OTA landed up on my AP1200

The mount watches on in silence, still working

DD

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2..... The coolest gadget I own. Tapatalk..The coolest App.

The optics are indeed very good, pin point stars in all the clusters I observe, really good wide field views, amazing for money.

Archived