NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TeleVue Ethos - 2" barrel extenders

I know that TeleVue produce a barrel extender for use with the Ethos EPs - Ref: TV-EBX-2120. However, I am sure that I read that the Baader Hyperion 28mm fine tuning ring is the same fitting or certainly does the same job. Can anyone confirm this?

Part of my worry is that I recently added several colour filters to the 1.25" end of my 8mm Ethos and it must have come close to hitting the mirror of my TeleVue diagonal.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I use the Hyperion 28mm rings on my Ethos / Ethe / Ethoses (???). They are threaded for 2" filters and the filter then clears the 1.25" Smythe lens assembly on the eyepiece and is prevented from contacting diagonal mirrors by the ridge that you find down inside the drawtube of 2" diagonals. The FT rings do mean that the Ethos does not fully insert into the diagonal which means you need a little more inward focus travel but that does not seem to present an problem with bringing the Ethos to focus, at least with my scopes, and there is more than enough barrel inserted for it to be firmly gripped by the compression ring. The 14mm FT rings are just not deep enough to clear the 1.25" assembly of the Ethos.

Hope that helps :)

Archived