Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sneaky look through 11mm Explore Scientific

Bart

My wife kindly agreed to let me buy myself an 11mm Explore Scientific 82 degree from her for Christmas. It arrived from America a couple of days ago and i was very good and only looked inside the box to make sure it wasn't empty.

ANYWAY, I checked a calender of GRS transits on Sky and Telescope website and knew there was a transit tonight at 22.45 ish. In my barlowed 14mm ES the GRS was clearly visible at x180 (10" Dob).

As my wife and kids were away, the temptation was too much and I popped the 11mm (with Barlow ~ x230) in and the GRS was lovely and clear, and bigger!

Those ES EPs are great EPs. Sadly had to box the 11mm again and will have to wait until Christmas. At least there is a new moon on Chritmas, yeehaw!:)

Bart

Best to make sure its not damaged so testing it out was the only option :)

they do seem to get some high praise so I guess you'll love the views.

Thanks Alan,

Maybe not as good as your views, judging by the EPs in your signature. Nice.

Barry

Thanks Gents,

Damo , any decision made on the new Dob? 'tis the time to be generous! To yourself as well as others ..............

Lets hope we get as clear weather over the Christmas with the new moon.

Barry

Archived