Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Case for Horizon 8115 tripod

Grunthos

Have just bought a Horizon 8115 for grab and go astro fun (thank you FLO for good price and exceedingly fast delivery).

Slightly disappointed that it doesn't come with a case (should have read the manual...)

Anybody got any cheap and cheerful suggestions for carrying and/or storing on the move? (i.e on foot up on the moors with the hound).

Slightly disappointed

Just got home and opened up the package and am now more than a bit disappointed. Box the tripod came in was selotaped up (my initial thought was this is a returned item).

Opened up the box and plastic bag tripod came in and small bits of plastic fell to the floor.

Turns out a plastic ring, just above one of the rubber feet, has shattered. No chance of a superglue repair. Don't think it's a major issue so will probably live with it as a return will be a pain.

However, has taken the edge off the pleasure I have a receiving such a sturdy piece of kit (knocks the socks off my old tripod and will be great for the Canon 550D).

Now I really want a case/protection for it...

Anybody? :)

Thanks. Too much hassle to get goods sent back then get new tripod (especially with xmas coming up).

Must try ebay a bit more (those hockey bags looked good but some of them were expensive), might try the Army & Navy store...

(Minimum length of tripod is 78cm so still looking :))

Archived