Santa is coming tomorrow...

But surely it's vitally important to check the scope thoroughly for defects straight away!? : )

You are right. And it will entail testing it on several clear nights before Christmas, just to be sure that you don't need to send it back.

Result! Try this one ... Also, I've read lots of posts stating it's vitally important for all new scope owners to get breakfast in bed after staying up late performing functionality tests : )

my woman would tell you:

if you are able to find a star gazillion of light year away, then you won't have any issues finding the kitchen :).....

That's a very good point ... I must admit, it's not a line I'll be trying out when my scope arrives, I think I'd get a somewhat shorter answer ; )

I'll not push my luck...

I think I've got away with rather a lot getting this really.

It will be interesting trying to sneak back indoors quietly and get into bed freezing cold, quoting M-this and M-that after disturbing her sleep....:( can't wait

When does Dobby arrive at your house ?

How do I order clear skies for the weekend :)

quoting M-this and M-that after disturbing her sleep

I find they act like their listening, but in the morning remember nothing ... so you get to tell them all over again =D

When does Dobby arrive at your house ?

*Please* tell me you're asking about my scope! : ) It's setting off from the SW warehouse next Monday, then 3-4 days for delivery after that. At least I get to enjoy the expectation of it arriving (if that makes any sense) ... got the velcro for the DIY light shroud today, so that's something.

Have a great time with your new scope!

Fantastic....

Dobby turned up this afternoon so immediately got cracking and built it up when I got in from work. Had to take it outside for a test and had a gander at Jupiter and her moons :), then got blinded by the moon :)...was then told to do some jobs indoors so its put away till Christmas now...

Oh and its a bit bigger than I led the wife to believe so I may be sleeping in the shed for a while...

Chuffed to bits would be an understatement...

:(:D:D

post-29506-133877703704_thumb.jpg

Archived