Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempts at widefield Orion - apocolyptic feel

Hi all,

I noticed that the clouds started clearing the other night and thought i'd run out with the 350D and have a go at getting some shots of the constellations while trying to get some of the buildings on my girlfriends farm in to make some interesting scenery.

Im really pleased with how they turned out, the light pollution and the wispy clouds made the sky have a burning apocolyptic feel to the pictures i think :)

I can't remember the settings but these are single shots of 5 seconds i think.

Hope you like them.

Paul''

6465204311_e249d7964c_b.jpg

6465203757_cbe15ef980_b.jpg

6465203245_2af3cdbdd3_b.jpg

6465202689_f0ce8cf5f6_b.jpg

Always take advantage of any opportunities to Get the camera out.

You've got some excellent returns here, plenty of stars visible, and sometimes a little cloud can even add something to the scene, as well as the farm outbuildings.

What lens did you use?

Nice job.:)

Ron.

Thanks Ron :)

Im certainly going to be pinching the camera from my girlfriend and getting more night shots with it.

I used the standard kit lense for the 350d for these photos. I think its a 18mm-55mm. I tried the 80mm-300mm but that wouldnt get the buildings in well enough.

Porl''

Archived