NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New observatory; the final worry...

ollypenrice

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be extra careful not to get it in your eyes too or that will be your stargazing and imaging finished for good!

Indeed! Ditto angle grinders, drills, etc etc. Blinded in the constuction of an observatory. Not great. I'm an assiduous user of safety goggles despite the reduction in sex appeal that they appear to impart (though Elton John seemed to get by!!)

Olly

Indeed! Ditto angle grinders, drills, etc etc. Blinded in the constuction of an observatory. Not great. I'm an assiduous user of safety goggles despite the reduction in sex appeal that they appear to impart (though Elton John seemed to get by!!)

Olly

LOL

Hi olly

I sympathise with your problem. Telescopes when drawn out on paper unless a full size drawing look smaller than they actually are .

I thought my 16 inch f6 f16 newtonian /cassegrain on an equatorial fork would fit inside a 10 ft dome :)

How wrong was i ,well it would ,with a couple of feet of ota sticking out through the dome slit ,looking like those cartoon mad professor observatories .

It was time for observatory mk2.

Archived