Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BackyardEOS + PHD = ASCOM Failure?

I might be missing something obvious, but can anyone help with this?

I have PHD running and guiding happily until I try to take an image in BackyardEOS .....

I get an error message from PHD saying there was an ASCOM driver failure and obviously it stops guiding.

Once the image has finished - PHD magically reconnects and starts to guide again?!

450D on Meg72, DSIc via Hitec on ST80

Cheers,

Stephen

Updated ASCOM to 6.

Rolled back PHD to 1.12.4

Reinstalled HiTec driver.

Still the same, but it's not related to BYE as it happens when PHD is running by itself now :)

PHD was working fine in conjunction with Artemis a month ago.

The first error message is

ASCOM driver failed checking IsPulseGuiding

and the second error message (I realised there were two errors) is

ASCOM driver failed PulseGuide command

Dismissing them allows guiding to continue

Why not call the author he is extremely helpful. I had a great Skype session with him the other day. He even compiled several new versions of Backyard EOS especially for me and my specific problem.

I couldn't recommend him enough.

Drop him an email, I think he will respond almost instantly virtually any time of the day.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...
Updated ASCOM to 6.

Rolled back PHD to 1.12.4

Reinstalled HiTec driver.

Still the same, but it's not related to BYE as it happens when PHD is running by itself now :D

PHD was working fine in conjunction with Artemis a month ago.

This can't be related to BYE because BYE controls only ASCOM focusers for now, it does not implement any other ASCOM drivers... for now at least :)

Back to your root issue. Did you get it fixed? Could it be that PHD is configured to guide via ASCOM instead of on-camera if your guide camera is plugged in your mount ST4 port? See the 'Mount' menu in PHD.

What guide camera do you have?

Guylain

Archived