Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maplins Alert on Flight Cases

Catanonia

3 flight cases ranging from large to small sold as a stacking set for £30 Maplins.

Doing some Christmas shopping and the missus snapped up a set for me. No idea how long the offer is.

They haven't got the foam inside, just partitions, but hey nice price.

Found a link

http://www.maplin.co.uk/flight-case-triple-pack-with-dividers-513879

Did they have any new toys to play with in the store? Had a great experience last year when other half was Xmas shopping. I popped in to Maplins to browse for half an hour but got caught up in a minor competition with the staff as to who could shoot the most "cans off the wall" (works using infrared lights) let alone all the radio controlled stuff that 'needed' to be tested! ;):D:D

In fact the half had to come in and get me - time flies when you're enjoying yourself ;)

James

It's been a while since I've looked at Maplin's website but the foam filled cases used to regularly be halved in price: every 6 months or so. I stocked up with about 10 of them over the years.

I did (accidentally) get one with the slots in it, which was OK for just carrying cables in. You can also get large pieces of cube-foam from Jessops (are they still going?) and convert the slot-cases into "proper" flight cases.

• 2 weeks later...
3 flight cases ranging from large to small sold as a stacking set for £30 Maplins.

Doing some Christmas shopping and the missus snapped up a set for me. No idea how long the offer is.

They haven't got the foam inside, just partitions, but hey nice price.

Found a link

Flight Case Triple Pack with Dividers : Flight & Rugged Cases : Maplin Electronics

Thanks for sharing. Going to get me a set of those. :icon_salut:

SK

I picked up a set of these in Sunday in Stockport, you really can't argue with the price - I got them for £24.99.

I'm going to order the foam for them from efoam.co.uk later - They are by far the cheapest place I've found so far. It's going to cost about £30 for the foam, I think - So perhaps not a massive bargain after you've paid for that too.

Archived