NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mounting Question...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to mount my 10" on my eq6 pro, once I've got some rings this shouldn't be an issue but then I want to mount my ED80 on top of the 10", how do I do it? The 10" will have a long dovetail where as the ED80 has a medium, do I need some sort of adaptor on top of the 10" for the ED80's dovetail to sit on?

Cheers,

Grant

You simply get a second long dovetail bar, mount that to the top of your 10" rings and then attach the ED80 rings to that dovetail bar (you'll need to redrill it though). You can buy "special" adapters but at the end of the day, it's just a plate of metal.

If you dont mind re-drilling a dovetail bar (30 second job) you can save yourself a shed load of cash. Although you might like to have your ED80 in guide 'scope rings so you can align it with your main 'scope. Using the normal rings doesn't allow for any adjustment. Some bars you can buy look like swiss cheese, but you pay for all those holes (I would have thought it would be CHEAPER as there is less stuff!!)

I think guidescope rings are phase 2 of the operation, I just want to get it all mounted and working first!

It amazes me how much all these little accessories cost, it all really adds up!

Funny you should mention that, just been to a local blacksmiths, top man there is going to make them for me, I'm picking them up tomorrow :)

It was really impressive because he practically made one ring within minutes with us there to show what they will be like. Fair enough they won't be as pretty as the proper rings but they will still look good and do the job, what more can you want (cheaper too :D )

It may require a bit of thought, you don't want the ED80 making the eyepeice on the Newt a pain to get to. I'd mount a bar on the Newts rings but as close to the mount as possible.

I understand the sense of what you say Gaz, but if the scopes are over and under, it might avert that drawback.

Did MartinB not have post a while back with a similar setup as below?. I might have the wrong Name, bad memory. :)

Ron. :D

image.jpg

Archived