NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I told you so...

Remember at SGL3 when we were discussing mounts heavier than the EQ6? I mentioned the HEQ6 and got laughed at! I knew I'd seen it before, and now I've come across it again here: http://astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=12764 (Yes, okay - he says HEQ6 tripod and doesn't mention the mount, but surely if there's a tripod, there must be a mount under the same name.)

Now, I'm going to ask the question again - Is this a genuine mount, or is it a genuine typing error??

Andrew

okay, okay!

seems a bit of a silly mistake. why don't he proof read it?

Something I thought backed it up was "very heavy duty HEQ6", implying that it was a step up.

I admit defeat, but not as much as that chap should. I call it false, misleading advertising.

Basically it's the standard tripod that an HEQ5 sits on then?

Andrew

The HEQ6 is simply a typing error and is an EQ6, people think that as the mounts go EQ5 -> HEQ5 -> EQ6 it must be HEQ6.

There are no plans by Synta to produce a mount heavier than the EQ6. The closest would be the CGE that Celestron produce, and as Synta own Celestron they may begin offering it under other brand names, but thats unlikely.

If you require a mount with a larger capacity than the EQ6 then you are into this hobby in a serious way and are unlikely to be looking for budget solutions. AP1200 anyone? No sir, mines a Paramount ME.... etc

Basically it's the standard tripod that an HEQ5 sits on then?

Andrew

The EQ6 tripod is actually the same as the CG5 one! 2" tubular steel legs, the HEQ5 one has 1.75" tubular steel legs

There are no plans by Synta to produce a mount heavier than the EQ6.

they may rethink that when Meade hit the market with their new affordable mounts...including an EQ6 or heavier class mount.

Archived