Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

which body would you choose??

Andy McK

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the astro work i do i have never used mirror lookup

My 7D is already over 5k shots... And my D200 has done 4k shot in a day on several events...

I was getting worried as I'm up to around 22k in two years!

Still, just checked out the spec and it's good for 150k apparently...

The 20,350&400 both rated at 50k, whilst the 30, 40, 50, 60, 450, 500 & 1000 all rated at 100k

The 1Dx tops the list at 400k.

Still, I'm not going to strip my beloved of its filter, so a 1000d is still looking my fav to mod!

Ps-martin, you're showing your age there!

from what I've seeing it's a lovely camera the 7D...if I didn't have my 5, or was minted i'd snap one up! Looking forward to seeing some posts....I'm OOA for the forseeable future whilst I tweak the mount...so thought I might tweak a cam at the same time ;)

which body would you choose??

I can't believe none has suggested Kelly Brookes yet. ;)

There has to be one :)

So guys, starting to get lost again. what is the 100k bit?

is this an internal buffer? it cant be image size, ??;)

Andy..

Wow!

So does the camera go off to be repaired when the shutter fails ?(I guess it costs the price of a camera) or the bin, (costs the price of a new camera)

bearing that in mind, exposures in the mins instead of 1/sec's, the cam should last a life time (I'm 50 ;))

Andy..

10 years, good to know, if one buys second hand, i would imagine theres a shutter log in a menu somewhere.

failing that I could always start smoking again, lol ;)

Thanks for all the advice. this is all good stuff to know, as I've seen second hand kit on Eb*y etc. it would be a good quest to ask the seller.

Archived