Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Could make you scratch your head :)

blusky

Ok, so I need 4 wooden wedges with a perfectly circular the longest edge - this is for the equatorial platform (the 4-wedge variant). The table saw, as surprisingly this may sound, makes best smooth circular edges. I don't have access to one. Jigsaw is ok, but lots of sanding to do. I own neither tool. I've made complex circular patterns before using a drill (that's advanced, don't try at home), and will be difficult on a 18mm plywood.

Any other relatively simple ideas to make a circular shape? Or where to find the tools without committing to owning them? Thanks

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.518110,-0.110087

Sounds like you need a friend with a decent bandsaw and the right jig.

The jig would have a pivot point at the right distance out from the blade and a small hole in the plywood with a bolt through into the pivot would allow the ply to rotate at the correct distance out, thus forming a circular piece.

I have cut circular shapes before using a router rotated from a central point or using a cutter with a bearing following an edge, rough cut before with a jigsaw may help.

Cannot see in my head the final shape you are looking for, or how it becomes a wedge.

JCJC's Dad

A router is the tool of choice for most large circular items.

You can hire them from most hire shops, but if you need to use it over more than one weekend, you'll probably find it as cheap to buy one.

Alternatively, find a woodworking evening class - you can usually use any of the woodworking shop equipment on your own projects there.

Callum

Archived