Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with QHY5 camera!

Astrosurf

Hi all,

I've got a QHY5 camera kit from Modern Astronomy, but what's happening with installation of the software isn't what's on the instructions! I've done the following from the supplied disc:

Installed ASCOM platform 6

Run (installed?) QHY5 system driver

Run QHY5 Update

Run QHY5 ASCOM driver

Then I connected the camera as stated - mount is switched on, camera plugged into mount and also into USB2 port. Camera light's flashing.

Then the instructions to say that I have to specify that Windows installs the driver automatically hasn't happened as no dialogue box opened. Should I do this another way?

From disc I installed QGVideo as stated.

The instructions said to close the app when can't connect, but this didn't happen! This is supposed to initiate the 2nd driver component installation, which didn't happen, or at least visibly.

Installed the PHD Guiding sw from disc as stated.

On PHD I clicked the camera icon (as I don't have any instructions - must find these!) and couldn't see anything directly QHY5, only 'ASCOM (late) camera' and clicked on the QHY5 then followed insructions. It said it had problems with the ASCOM driver.

Now what do I do?! :rolleyes::icon_confused:

Alexxx

Archived