NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coloured fluorescent kitchen light

I presume the question originates from people leaving the kitchen light on whilst out star gazing in the garden?

Might be easier to just use a black out blind on the window in question then occupants of the kitchen dont need to use red light :)

Thanks for the reply guys, This is a under unit light and will be left on whilst observing, no it does not have a diffuser and the idea of either a red bulb or cover intead of a blind is also to aid me when outside observing/setting up as well as going into the kitchen myself to grab a coffee without affecting my vision and also allow anyone else to see what they are doing without disturbing me with a white light.

I have found a sleeve on E-bay for £8 so I think I will have a punt on that.

Have you considered a head torch such as this one?

Buy Torches PS-H3 Prosafe LED Focusing Headtorch 2AA Unilite PS-H3 online from RS for next day delivery.

it has your standard white light torch but it also has a single red LED for a night light. You can also buy head torches that you can attach filters too. I have one and there a real life saver esspecially when im out at a dark sky site.

I have got a headtorch and some old red led rear bike lights but the idea is that myself and others members of the family can still use the kitchen (to make a coffee ect) whilst I am observing. It just seems a shame that I have a spare fluorescent light and not put it to good use.

Thanks wackyscot, good link.

Archived