Visionary Tripod

Hi, everyone.

This is my first post and need some advice. Iive recently purchased some Celestron 15x70 bins and now looking for a suitable tripod. I've checked the threads and seen that the Red Snapper and the Horizon 8115 tripod seem popular. However i was recommended to purchase the Visionary VT-70 tripod.

Has anybody used one or info on whether they're worth getting?

Many Thanks

Paul

Thanks for the reply. I've actually gone ahead and ordered them. Just need to order a decent adaptor cus I've read the one supplied with the bins isn't very good.

To late :)

If looking at visionary, go for the Visionary Lander. Heaps more

sturdy than the VT-70 and extends higher for astro use.

Hi Paul

Be very careful as this is a very light weight tripod don't want to see you brake your bins because the tripod fell over I use bins and use a Horizon 8115 as it is a very sturdy tripod my friend uses a pair of 25x100 on them with no problems

Doug

Thanks for that bit of advise, will try and take extra care when I use it. I looked at the Horizon 8115 but it was out of my price range for the time being. Also looked at them Triton ball heads, they looked good. I'm only just getting into astronomy proper although I've always been fascinated with stars and planets etc.

Any tips more than welcome.

Thanks again.

Well the tripod came Saturday, tried the bins on it but the adaptor supplied with the bins isn't the best so ordered a Bresser metal adaptor which came today.

Just need clear skies!

Also got my eye on a 200p dob as they seem to come highly recommended for a 1st scope. Unfortunately its gonna have to wait till onext year :icon_confused:

Archived