Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Synscan Help

I have a 127 Mak and trying to use the Skywatcher Synscan handset. I have upgraded it to the latest firmware but it simply refuses to accept the coordinates I put in to start the allignment.

I have been onto a website and got the longitude and latitude for where we observe. I live in newcastle and observe from 55.00 Latt (North) and -1.92 Long (West.)

How on earth do I put these settings into the Syncan handset? I put the power in get the warning do not look at the sun and it goes straight to the long and latitude. I know I can use the up and down arrows to choose the N,E,S,W for the long and latitude. I know that the minus Longitude means it is west and put it in as a positive 1.92W but when ever I do this and try and enter it it goes back to 9 in 1.92.

I am really at my wits end with this and it is the second night I have been unable to observe. Can anyone please walk me through where I am going wrong or even try this on their synscan handset to see if it is even possible to input.

Thanks so much in advance.

It's not the date. The long and lat are up before the date. I literally turn it on, get the warning not to look at the sun and then it asks for the long and lat. I have put in false details and it will accept them but obviously this isn't where I am.

I can't put the long and lat in the wrong way round either because when I put in the first one I can only press up and it goes to E or W and on the other one it only has N and S.

thank you for the suggestions so far though.

The synscan wants your coordinates in degrees and minutes NOT decimal degrees.

You can't have more than 60 minutes in one degree so for example: above 001.59 would be 002.00

Hmmmm this would explain why when I reduce the number it accepts it then. So how do I get the long and lat of 55.00 and -1.92 into minutes?

Sorry brantuk I didn't really know I was looking for the time rather than degrees.

I have made a note and will try those out first oportunity I get.

Thank you so much everyone that has replied. I am hopeful that this is going to work now.

Archived