Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DWB 111 Propellor - still WIP

Uranium235

After giving up last night due to a broken ST4 cable, I decided to process what I have so far on this particular (and peculiar) object.

Im still missing 9x450 in OIII plus all of the SII channel, and my hopes are fading of being able to complete it this year due to the amount of rubbish weather we've had. And next week isnt looking too clever either (cloud all week)

The propellor has turned out to be very weak in OIII, hopefully it will yield a bit more signal in SII (if I ever get round to it!). Then I will be able to present it in all three flavours :)

DWB 111: Propellor Nebula (Cygnus)

L(Ha_360x10+450x10+6x600), R (Ha_360x10), G&B (OIII_360x10)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

First, the Ha/OIII/OIII:

attachment.php?attachmentid=73628&stc=1&d=1321793345

The original Ha luminence layer:

attachment.php?attachmentid=73629&stc=1&d=1321793345

post-18171-133877695727_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877695735_thumb.jpg

Hi Rob

This is a great project you have going, a beautiful set of images. just a after thought, I recently read in s@n (sept issue i think) that when doing some hoo imaging.you can bring out even more detail by adding Hb data to the mix especially on some emission line targets. you may have already tried this? anyway i will be looking forward to seeing the final image.

ATB martyn

Lovely image Rob.

As it is, theirs great detail,and i certainly look forward to you adding the extra data.

The weather is,nt kind at the moment,i too have one waiting,most frustrating.

However thats one really good image,and thanks for posting as it is.

Mick.

Thanks guys :)

I think the weather gods may have heard my chunterings because tomorrow its been forecast to be clear from 6pm onward for the rest of the night (yay!).

Also a big thanks to Nadeem (Deneb) for sending me a replacement ST4 cable, so Im confident I can finish the job tomorrow night (if it doesnt fog over). If all goes well, I might even have time for a spot of RGB on M45 :)

Martyn, I hadnt thought about Hb, nice idea. But I dont have that particular filter, I might give it a try one day because im pretty sure Hb is a deeper blue than OIII is. However, Ive no idea how what targets are rich in Hb so it would require a bit of research first.

Steve

Hope you can gather the rest of your data tomorrow night. typically i'd booked a nights holiday hoping it would be clear tonight.(good ol blighty) anyway regarding the Hb filter you are quite right, it is a deeper blue than the O111 so i guess you would map it to the blue channel. like most things in this hobby it is a matter of trial an error. good luck in your quest for tomorrow night.

ATB martyn

Thats ok :)

And yep, the forecast was right! Its the clearest its been for ages out there, just need to wulf my dinner down first and set up using the new ST4 cable I got from FLO today. I also got an M48-T2 adapter from TS today, but fitting that can wait till tomorrow (it will allow a more exact reducer>CCD spacing).

Happy hunting to all :)

Archived