Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Affirmation...

x6gas

Just had my first reasonably clear night in ages...

Managed to get some runs at Jupiter and run through some general shake downs with my new(ish) 'scope.

I won't be winning any prizes (pics posted on the planetary imaging board) but I have really enjoyed myself tonight and - after weeks of cloud - it has really reminded me what a great hobby we are involved in.

Clear skies people.;)

Hi X6gas,

Managed to get my sct out long enough to cool down and get a very pleasant couple of hors in. first time in weeks.. Thanks to EMS Dude who posted it was clear and forced me to put my nose out and check!!.

Cheers

ampleamp - was this a purchase making the most of the FLO deal at the moment? They're selling C11 edges for LESS than C925s. If I had two and half grand to spare, I'd probably have one too!

By the way, what mount is yours sitting on?

Fatwoul, yes it was on their deal. It proved too hard to resist at that price level (im sure that celestron are ridding themselves of stock before launching a new model, but what do i know!!)

After my 9.25 debacle, which is now getting sorted, this has been an excellent tonic.

re mount, it is on an EQ6pro, permanently on a pier.

Archived