Moon Filter for Skyliner 150p

Hi all,

After some deliberation, I asked my family to contribute toward a 150p skyliner for xmas. However, since it has an eyepiece adapter, I am unsure what size moon filter I need & would like to buy one for this scope.

Thanks

Steve:icon_salut:

You would need to screw the filter into the end of the eyepiece, rather than into the adapter as the adapter is not threaded for filters with that scope. So, assuming that you will be using 1.25" fitting eyepieces, that is the filter size to get.

For what it's worth, personally I've never used a moon filter in 30 years of observing with scopes from 2.4" to 12" in aperture. I know some folks feel they are necessary though.

Welcome to the forum by the way, Steve !.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd say that you would need a moon inter of the moon is 3/4 or full with an aperture of 6" an over. It's pretty damn bright otherwise! (at least for me).

Sent from my mobile using TapaTalk (so please excuse bad grammar & spelling!) :-)

Archived