Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Dies In Bright Supernova....

Greg

If I understand it correctly (and I probably don't), there is no 'now' elsewhere. It only has meaning at one point, wherever you are.

Not quite mate there is a "now" elsewhere its just that it was then that now existed. (wrap yer napper round that) :):D

I was quite intrigued to learn how much esp. Supernova Remnants can evolve on human time scales though. According to the "Turn Left..." Book, Messier probably wouldn't have bothered to "designate" the Crab Nebula as M1 (which apparently grows at 1" arc / 5 years), but for the fact that, ~200 years ago, it was perhaps twice as bright. :)

If I understand it correctly (and I probably don't), there is no 'now' elsewhere. It only has meaning at one point, wherever you are.

Not quite mate there is a "now" elsewhere its just that it was then that now existed. (wrap yer napper round that) :):D

:shock: Jimmy Saville was right!!

Archived