NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi All

Starwiz

Welcome to SGL.

That's very same scope I have my eyes on, just cannot afford it for the moment but glad to hear it's a good scope.

Did you get it from First Light Optics by any chance? As that is where I am looking to get mine from, they seem to be a great place to purchase from.

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Hi Fariniac,

Yes, I bought the scope from FLO. Can't find fault with price, delivery, or performance. Ordered the scope and it was delivered two days later.

It came well packaged in two large boxes. I also bought a Cheshire eyepiece at the same time. The collimation was way out, especially with the secondary mirror which was too far down the tube. After adjusting, I had the scope out in the back garden looking at Jupiter. I was disappointed at first, seeing very little detail.

A few weeks later, I took the scope to a dark sky location out of town. I'd also made a dew shield out of an old camping mat, as I suspected the secondary may have been dewing up. I Set up the scope, waited 40 minutes for it to reach thermal equilibrium, then took another look at Jupiter. Wow! what a difference. Saw some great detail - really pleased.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All,

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Hi Fariniac,

Yes, I bought the scope from FLO. Can't find fault with price, delivery, or performance. Ordered the scope and it was delivered two days later.

It came well packaged in two large boxes. I also bought a Cheshire eyepiece at the same time. The collimation was way out, especially with the secondary mirror which was too far down the tube. After adjusting, I had the scope out in the back garden looking at Jupiter. I was disappointed at first, seeing very little detail.

A few weeks later, I took the scope to a dark sky location out of town. I'd also made a dew shield out of an old camping mat, as I suspected the secondary may have been dewing up. I Set up the scope, waited 40 minutes for it to reach thermal equilibrium, then took another look at Jupiter. Wow! what a difference. Saw some great detail - really pleased.

Excellent, thanks for the info. I won't be getting round to purchasing a scope until mid January due to funds, but I won't be buying any additional eyepieces until the following month, Good to hear that FLO are as good as they seem :D

Thanks, Richard.

Archived