Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

0.5x focal reducer with Skywatcher 150p

Brent

Has anybody got experience of the above used together, please?

I've got the original blue tube scope with just the 1.25" R&P focuser and don't know if there would be enough back focus. It's for use with an SPC900.

Hi,

I have the same scope. there is plenty of focus play to enable focus with an SPC900, with barlow if you desire!

What is it you are trying to capture with the webcam? DSO, Sun , Moon, planet? You will have difficulties getting the full disc of the Sun and Moon but that is due to the small size of the SPC900 chip.

Ian

Hi,

I have the same scope. there is plenty of focus play to enable focus with an SPC900, with barlow if you desire!

What is it you are trying to capture with the webcam? DSO, Sun , Moon, planet? You will have difficulties getting the full disc of the Sun and Moon but that is due to the small size of the SPC900 chip.

Ian

I think you missed the actual question that was asked? :D

To the OP - I don't have experience with the 150P, but it did focus on my 200P.

Now my logic is this, the 200P only just had enough room, the 150P has less back focus ....

I would suspect it won't focus, but hopefully someone who has used that combination will come along and clarify :eek:

Archived