Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help- Can't work new ToUcam Pro II

Hi. I have just bought a modded Philips ToUcam pro (PCVC 840K/20). I tried installing it on my laptop which runs Windows2000 OS. I installed the VLounge components and followed instructions by connecting the webcam via my 2nd USB port. The red light comes on on the camera however I keep getting the error message that no I have 'no video capture hardware' installed. I have also tried disconnecting the USB and running VCheck from the tools menu and then reconnecting the camera via the USB port when prompted. When this is done nothing happens and the prompt window remains open (showing picture of USB being connected into back of PC). I have also tried doing all of the above after uninstalling from add/remove programs - reinstalling and connecting via the other USB port. I have also downloaded the driver software for my OS direct from Philips.com and tried all of the above again. No Luck! Any suggestions?

Kev

Hi Kev,

This is a bit obvious but:-

1. You did install the tools/driver from the disc?

Could not see a different driver for windows 2000

2. Windows 2000 , you will need to reboot.

3. AS CC suggested do you have any other software you could test it with -K3CCD , Astroart etc.

John

PS What version number on your disc?

Hi All

Done the re-boot a number of times. Have tried CC's suggestion with K3CCD tools that I downloaded as freeware just now. Hover I am a newbie and don't have a clue what this program is doing. The front user interface is very confusing!

Kev,

Just did a Google but didn't spot anything obvious. However, one thing I noticed was a suggestion that you turn off antivirus software when you install the driver. I doubt it will make any difference, but I guess you'll try anything at this stage.

Mike

Cheers Mike,

I'll give that a go. How are you getting on with your 250 and Eq6 by the way. I just about have mine sussed now but will definately benifit from all the knowledge at the Star Party!

Kev

The Toucam yahoo group has some info about getting the cam to work with windows 2000. They have some specific drivers you can download in the files section ( I think its sys21 for windows 2000) and use with K3CCD tools.

John

Had a few problems over the years with USB devices, did you install the drivers BEFORE connecting

the webcam ? Try this :-

[edit] Turn off antivirus software as noted in the user manual

1: Unplug the webcam

2: Uninstall the drivers and any other software that came with the cam

3: Reboot

4: Install the drivers (leave the cam unplugged)

5: After all the software is installed, reboot the system

6: Plug the camera in and try again

Hope this helps :)

[edit] If it's still not working, try it in another USB port just incase...

Archived