Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican Nebula

philj

Im finally getting to grips with teh FLT98 and WO Mk4 flattener (I think). Sorted the droop in the system out and gave it all a bash on the pelican last night seeing as it was nice and high early on.

This is 3 hours of 15 minute subs with the 314L through 6nm Ha filter.

Slight cropping to compose and get rid of a haloed star (still got the old astronomik filter I must change this soon).

Quite pleased with it now things are coming together at last.

B&W below and one in false colour cos I like to play:)

Hope you like it

Philj

post-14930-133877689241_thumb.jpg

post-14930-13387768925_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys

Yes Cat I just ran it the once maybe it would stand another go Ill give it a try

Steve

the droop was a mix of things, the camera rotator grub screws on teh Mk4 flattener, me messing with the focuser settings, (dont fix if it aint broke) and just to make sure I turned the focuser around 90 degrees. The last part was not really necessary with teh feathertouch but it was a just in case.

Philj

Very nice Phil, clean and crisp - just how it should be :)

Any plans to add OIII? Noels "create green channel" action works quite nicely on some HOO images.

Havent got one yet but Santa may have one on his sleigh for me if Im good:D

Philj

Steve

the droop was a mix of things, the camera rotator grub screws on teh Mk4 flattener, me messing with the focuser settings, (dont fix if it aint broke) and just to make sure I turned the focuser around 90 degrees. The last part was not really necessary with teh feathertouch but it was a just in case.

Thanks, Phil.

Archived